May 17th, 2023
May 17th, 2023
ELAN HIDI2C Filter Driver
Table of Contents
ELAN HIDI2C Filter Driver:
ELAN HIDI2C Filter Driver is software that allows Windows computers to recognize the Elantech touchpad device and unlock all developed functions. The package contains the current driver version of 126.96.36.199 which can be applied as soon as you connect the peripheral device to your computer.
Please note that this article is not intended to be a review or recommendation of this application.
ELAN HIDI2C Filter Driver is a software that provides the necessary drivers for your Elantech touchpad to function properly. It will detect your touchpad, and provide you with all the available functions that your device is capable of.
Without the proper driver, your touchpad may not be recognized by Windows operating systems and will not be able to provide you with all its developed features. Installing or reinstalling the driver will ensure that your device is recognized and can perform its tasks.
To keep your computer safe and running smoothly, it is important to clean up your registry regularly by performing malware scans, cleaning your hard disk with defragmenter or chkdsk, monitoring any auto-start programs (with msconfig), uninstalling unwanted applications and enabling Windows Updates. Advanced Uninstaller PRO can remove ELAN HIDI2C Filter
The driver is a Windows-based upper filter for the HID upper interface. This supports any Windows HID device – USB or I2C – and is fully compatible with libusb, the new OS Connector framework, and libhid.
The installation process should automatically start downloading and installing the needed drivers to your computer. However, if it doesn’t – either the Elantech touchpad was disconnected at the moment the download started or your Internet connection was weak and couldn’t complete the download – simply disconnect the device now and reconnect it later to initiate the update. Once the driver is installed the system will recognize the touchpad component and all developed features will become available.
How to Download ELAN Touchpad HIDI2C Driver?
To download the ELAN HIDI2C Filter Driver, you can follow these steps:
- Follow the URL link provided here or visit the official website of your laptop manufacturer. For example, if you have a Dell laptop, go to the Dell Support website. If you have an HP laptop, visit the HP Support website, and so on.
- On the manufacturer’s support website, navigate to the “Drivers & Downloads” or “Support” section. Look for a search bar or a way to specify your laptop model.
- Enter your laptop model number or select your laptop model from the provided options. Make sure to choose the correct model and the operating system as Windows 11.
- Once you’ve selected your laptop model and Windows 11 as the operating system, you should see a list of drivers available for download.
- Look for the category related to “Input Devices,” “Mouse,” or “Touchpad.” Depending on the manufacturer, the naming convention might vary slightly.
- In the Input Devices or similar category, locate the driver for the ELAN HIDI2C Filter Driver or the touchpad driver specifically for your laptop model.
- Click on the download link or button next to the ELAN HIDI2C Filter Driver to begin the download. The driver file might be in the form of an executable (.exe) or a compressed archive (.zip).
- If the driver file is in a compressed archive format like .zip, extract its contents to a folder on your computer.
- After extracting the contents or downloading the driver file, locate the file and double-click on it to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the ELAN HIDI2C Filter Driver on your Windows 11 system.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer to ensure that the changes take effect.
After your computer restarts, the ELAN HIDI2C Filter Driver or the touchpad driver should be successfully installed on your Windows 11 system. You can then customize the touchpad settings according to your preferences through the touchpad settings in the Windows 11 settings menu.
Installation of ELAN HIDI2C Filter Driver:
A driver, or a set of files that instructs a piece of hardware on how to operate, is an essential component of the computer system. It makes sure the software can interact with the hardware and also other programs running on the machine.
Before installing a device driver, you must first create a restore point, which will help you revert back to an earlier state in case anything goes wrong with the new installation. You can do this by following the steps below:
If you wish to remove ELAN HIDI2C Filter Driver X86 188.8.131.52_Beta, you can use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. This tool offers a safe and easy way to delete any unwanted applications from your computer. The tool gives you a full list of the items that belong to the ELAN HIDI2C Filter Device Driver and will ask you if you want to remove them. It will then offer you a complete cleanup of the registry and disk entries that are associated with it.
If the problem persists, try a system restore to a previous point that worked before installing the driver. It is also advisable to check your computer for malware. Clean it with a disk cleaner (such as cleanmgr or sfc /scannow), monitor any auto-start programs using msconfig, and keep the drivers updated with a driver update tool.
The package provides the installation files for ELAN HIDI2C Filter Driver version 184.108.40.206. Keeping this driver updated can fix various issues, add new functions, or just upgrade to the available version.
Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a program that lets you automatically find and remove ELAN HIDI2C Filter Device from your computer. It can be used to remove any other unwanted applications from your PC, and it is safe to use. It will scan your registry and hard drive for any remaining files, directories, or folders that belong to the software application and then give you the option to delete them.